WIGGLESWORTH & CO. LIMITED RETURN TO WORK POLICY
In accordance with Governments guidelines, we have carried out a COVID-19 risk assessment which we are sharing with you in advance of a managed return to work.
This document should be read in conjunction with the information and guidance provided by Workman, the managing agents of Nutmeg House, regarding safety and procedures in the communal areas of the building.
This document covers the measures we have already taken to ensure the safety and well being of our staff during the COVID-19 pandemic and those we intend to introduce before a managed return to the office from the 15th June 2020.
The nature of our business means it is not possible for all our employees to work from home. Measures were therefore put in place to support those who were able to work from home as well as those having to come to the office. Those measures included:
- The supply of laptops and printers for all employees where required
- PPE equipment (listed below) provided to all employees both those coming to the office and those working from home
- Visor Face Mask – for use when travelling in a confined space on public transport – trains/buses/tubes to protect the staff member and their working colleagues in the office environment
- Paper mask as additional protection to the Visor face masks
- Rubber gloves
- Hand sanitiser
- Antibacterial Soap
To ensure safety and social distancing in the office we have already made the following changes:
- Reduced the number of employees attending on a daily basis from 10, to working with two teams, working alterative days, with a maximum of 3 people in each team working in a space of 2,000 sq ft.
- Parking provided to allow those employees coming to the office to drive in
- Hand sanitiser has been placed at entry and exit points, plus in the kitchen area along with antibacterial handwash
- Small individual bottles of hand sanitiser have been provided to all staff
- Enhanced cleaning of regularly touched areas such as door handles, windows etc. both inside and outside of our office space
In addition to employees, PPE items - Visor face masks, paper face masks and gloves - have been provided to all regular visitors to the office:
- Our office cleaner
- DHL Courier
- Concierge for Nutmeg House
Following the risk assessment, the following changes and guidance will be put in place to ensure the safety of our employees and to maintain social distancing on their return to work:
- From the 15th June, a maximum of 5 employees will be able to come to the office on any given day
- We will maintain 2 separate fixed teams, working on alternate days
- Masks, gloves, hand sanitiser & Antibacterial soap will continue to be made available as required by staff members and support workers
- Hand Sanitiser and antibacterial soap has been located in appropriate areas around the office for general use
- When entering or leaving the office, you should use hand sanitiser or wash your hands on each occasion.
- A one-way movement system around the office will be implemented
- All staff and visitors are to enter the office space from the main landing and exit the office space via the rear doorway located adjacent to the rear stairway, which will be the exit route from the building into Lafone Street
- Markings will be applied in key pinch points within the office – the main printer/photocopy machine and the kitchen area so that only one person at a time can access these areas
- It may be necessary for some staff to move desks to ensure social distancing
- Desks and workstations should not be shared
In line with government guidelines, should you or anyone in your immediate family have any symptoms of COVID-19 or you are in a clinically vulnerable group, you should not travel to the office. Advice on self isolation and the Government Track and Trace scheme can be found on
The measures detailed above will be reviewed on a regular basis to address any issues that arise.
A copy of this strategy document will be made available to all members of staff and regular visitors to our office for reference to new measures being instigated.
1st June 2020